Monday, February 18, 2013

Blueberry Muffins





I don't remember when I last baked something with blueberries. After making a blueberry coffee cake where my blueberries sank, honestly, I was a little bit afraid to experience it again. But this time I floured the blueberries very well and they were so beautifully distributed in the whole muffin. They also rose very nicely, were moist, soft and packed with juicy berries. This recipe is a keeper. I will now look for a perfect blueberry muffin recipe with crumb topping and I also can't wait to try blueberry rolls. In fact, my freezer is full of berries! I have tons of strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, wild strawberries, cherries, black and red currants. It's almost spring and there will be fresh strawberries so I have to hurry up and use them up!

Recipe adapted from here.
280g/2 cups all purpose flour
3g/1/2 tsp salt
8g/2 tsp baking powder
120g/8 tbsp unsalted butter, softened
280g+1tbsp/1-1/4 cups plus 1 tbsp sugar
2 large eggs
125ml/1/2 cup whole milk
250g/2 cups blueberries (if using frozen, do not thaw)

1) Preheat oven to 190 degrees C. Grease 12 muffin cups.

2) Sift together the flour, salt, and baking powder.

3) Cream the butter and 1-1/4 cups sugar in a large bowl, until light. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add to the flour mixture alternately with milk, beating just until smooth.

4) Coat the blueberries with flour and mix into the batter.

5) Fill the muffin cups with batter. Sprinkle the remaining tablespoon of sugar over the tops of muffins. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 30 minutes. Cool completelys before removing from the cups.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...