Thursday, July 11, 2013

Currant Cake






This is one of the easiest cakes I know and therefore I do make it very often. It doesn't contain much butter because I just wanted to make it a little bit healthier and not to blame myself for eating four slices at once. This might be good with other berries too but the amount of sugar should be decreased then. Hope this will become your another favorite easy-yummy-summer-cake.



Currant Cake

175g flour
1 tsp baking powder
pich salt
1 tsp vanilla sugar
200g sugar
40g butter, melted
2 eggs
80ml milk
2 cups red and black currants
1 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp flour

1) In a small bowl, beat together eggs, milk and butter.

2) In a large bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, sugar, vanilla sugar and salt.

3) Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix just until combined. Spread the mixture into a lightly greased cake tin.

4) Coat the currants with 1 tablespoon of flour. Sprinkle them on top of the batter and sprinkle 1 tablespoon of sugar.

5) Bake in a 180C preheated oven for 40-45 minutes.

Recipe by collecting memories

6 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous and so summery, I love it!
    xxx
    Jaclyn
    http://www.loveandbellinis.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not tried currants, but this cake is so gorgeous, I think I'll have to! Lovely photos and a perfect summer cake!

    ~Mary Frances (www.thesweet-toothlife.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do try this! Especially if you like some tartness in a cake :)

      Delete
  3. I just discovered last year that I love currants. They are such a unique and delicious fruit! So cool that you baked them into a cake.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been eating currants since my childhood and they've always been my favourite. Glad you discovered them!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...